UDI Awards recognize top B.C. developments
The Remi Network | The Remi Network November 26, 2018
The winners of the 2018 Urban Development Institute (UDI) Awards for Excellence were recognized during an awards gala held in downtown Vancouver.
The bi-annual awards celebrate the outstanding contributions made by leaders in the urban development industry to the built environment in British Columbia.
The 21 winners were recognized in diverse categories such as design, sustainability, heritage and social housing as well as community amenities built or funded by UDI members, including seawalls, libraries, daycares, parks and community centres.
A memorable highlight from the evening featured the newest UDI Hall of Fame inductee, Concert Properties co-founder and Order of BC recipient David Podmore, being honored for his 40 years of community building.
Podmore has shaped one of Canada’s most successful and well-respected real estate businesses. He is also a tireless philanthropist who has raised millions for charitable organizations, including the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation.
“Congratulations to all the winners who can take great pride in this peer recognition for building B.C. communities for everyone to live, work and play,” says UDI president and CEO Anne McMullin.
The 2018 winners are:
- Hall of Fame Inductee: David Podmore, Concert Properties
- Maureen Enser Future Leader Award: Virginia Bird, Pottinger Bird Community Relations
- Vancouver Sun Readers’ Choice: The Northwest, by Onni Group
- Vancouver Skyline: Trump Tower, by Holborn
- Best in Show: Strathcona Village, by Wall Financial Corporation
- Mixed Use: CentreView, by Onni Group
- Ground-Oriented Housing: Hyde Park, by Zenterra Developments
- Urban High-Rise: Modello, by Boffo Developments Ltd.
- Suburban High-Rise: The Crown, by Beedie
- Industrial: AG Professional Hair Care Products Ltd., by Beedie
- Commercial/Retail/Office: 565 Great Northern Way, by PCI Developments Corporation
- Multi-Phase/Master-Planned Community: Seylynn Village, by Denna Homes
- Non-Market Housing: Madrona at Dockside Green, by Catalyst Community Developments Society
- Urban Residential: Framework, by Porte Communities
- Suburban Residential: South Ridge Club, by Adera Development Corporation
- Market Rental: The Duke, by Edgar
- Development Innovation: Strathcona Village, by Wall Financial
- Best of the Fraser Valley: Willoughby Town Centre, by Qualico Chow & Li
- Best of Vancouver Island: The Janion, by Reliance Properties Ltd.
- Best of the Okanagan: Central Green, by Mission Group Enterprises Ltd.
- Public Art: Eyes on the Street, by Concert Properties
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!